16-Port 4 Gbps Fibre Channel (E, F) Switch
Designed for use in Brocade SAN fabrics, the Brocade 7600 Fabric Application Platform Switch empowers EMC RecoverPoint Data Replication and Invista Storage Virtualization applications with intelligent fabric-based splitting and wire-speed data management capabilities.
A High-Performance Platform for Fabric-Based Storage Applications
The Brocade 7600 delivers fabric-based services through integration with high-performance storage applications that utilize Brocade Storage Application Services (SAS) and the SAS API. Based on an implementation of the T11 Fabric Application Integration Specification (FAIS) standard, the SAS API removes a layer of application complexity to streamline performance in data center fabrics and reduce development and test cycles.
These applications include:
- Brocade Data Migration Manager (DMM): Brocade DMM provides an ultra-fast, non-disruptive, and easy-to-manage solution for migrating data in heterogeneous server and storage environments. It helps organizations reduce overhead while accelerating data center relocation or consolidation, array replacements, and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) activities.
- EMC RecoverPoint: EMC RecoverPoint on Brocade is designed to provide continuous remote replication and continuous data protection across heterogeneous IT environments, enabling organizations to protect critical applications from data loss and improve business continuity. (EMC sells the Brocade 7600 for RecoverPoint solutions under the EMC Connectrix Application Platform brand.)
- EMC Invista: EMC Invista on Brocade is designed to virtualize heterogeneous storage in networked storage environments, enabling organizations to simplify and expand storage provisioning, and move data seamlessly between storage arrays without costly downtime. (EMC sells the Brocade 7600 for Invista solutions under the EMC Connectrix Application Platform brand.)
- Provides a high-performance platform for tightly integrated storage applications that leverage the Brocade Storage Application Services (SAS) API—an implementation of the T11 FAIS standard
- Delivers intelligence in SANs to perform fabric-based storage services, including online data migration, storage virtualization, and continuous data replication and protection
- Leverages a fully pipelined, multi-CPU RISC and memory system; up to 64 Gbps throughout; and up to 1 million IOPS to meet the most demanding data center environments
- Performs split-path hardware acceleration using partitioned port processing and distributed control and data path processors, enabling wire-speed data movement without compromising host application performance
- Helps ensure highly reliable storage solutions through failover-capable data path processors, and redundant power and cooling
- Connects to existing Brocade SANs using 16 auto-sensing 1, 2, or 4 Gbps Fibre Channel ports in a 1U rackmountable frame, with two auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports for LAN-based management
Brocade Storage Application Services
The Brocade 7600 delivers fabric-based services through integration with high-performance applications that utilize Brocade Storage Application Services (SAS) and the SAS API. Based on the T11 Fabric Application Integration Specification (FAIS) standard, the SAS API removes a layer of application complexity to streamline performance in SAN fabrics and reduce development and test cycles.
Key capabilities of Brocade SAS include:
- Wire-speed hardware acceleration for data movement features such as mirroring, snapshots, write splitting, block copy, and Logical Block Address (LBA) remapping
- Reliability and security through error handling, data integrity, and Logical Unit Number (LUN) masking services
- Granular statistics for performance management
- Scalability and availability through dual Data Path Processors (DPPs) and port- or DPP-level availability with no single points of failure
Industry Standards Compliance
Brocade products conform to industry standards in a manner consistent with accepted engineering practices and procedures.
Built for Performance, Reliability, and Extensibility
The compact 1U, rack-mountable Brocade 7600 can be readily implemented in thousands of Brocade SANs across the world using its 16 4 Gbps E_Ports for Inter-Switch Link (ISL) connections. The ports can also act as F_Ports and auto-negotiate slower 1 and 2 Gbps port speeds.
The Brocade 7600 scales to support the most demanding data center environments, achieving up to 64 Gbps data transfer speeds and up to 1 million server-storage IOPS. Two 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports enable LAN-based system and application management. In addition, dual failover-capable DPPs as well as redundant power and cooling help ensure that fabric-based services remain highly available.
The Brocade 7600 is also an extensible platform. Through integration with the Brocade SAS API, Brocade OEM and ISV Partners can convert point-level host- and array-based storage applications into higher-performance fabric-based services with broad heterogeneous support.