On December 7th, Brocade publicly announced the latest addition to their campus LAN Ethernet switching portfolio, the Brocade ICX 7150. The ICX 7150 is an entry-level campus switch with an entry-level price point to match. The ICX 7150 fills a gap at the lower end of the price / performance spectrum for Brocade and allows Brocade to offer their products to a larger number of customers and for a broader spectrum of use cases. The built in and field upgradeable 4 ports of 10 Gig, the ability to stack up to 8 units in a single stack with 320 Gigs of aggregated stacking bandwidth, and full PoE on all ports offers an enterprise feature set for what promises to be an extremely competitive price.
The ICX 7150 is available in three port density configurations: 12, 24 and 48 port 10/100/1000 models with 1 Gig / 10 Gig stacking or uplink ports. It also offers both PoE and PoE+ for customers looking to power Ruckus APs, VoIP phones, surveillance equipment or other network devices.
The ICX 7150-C12P is especially interesting. This compact, 12 port switch, offers PoE on all ports. In addition, it is fanless, which opens up many use cases in noise sensitive environments like classrooms, retails stores and small offices. The ICX 7150-C12P promises to quickly become one of Brocade’s highest selling products.
An expanded list of features for the ICX 7150 are as follows:
- Brocade Assurance Warranty with next business day advanced hardware replacement for three years after purchase and lifetime software patches and maintenance updates.
- Plug and play operations for powered devices via LLDP and LLDP-MED protocols.
- Simplified, automated deployment with auto-configuration.
- Base Layer 3 capabilities with support for static routes and RIP. Full Layer 3 upgrade license to follow shortly after release.
- Hot insertion and removal of stack members.
- sFlow based network monitoring.
- Software upgradeable uplink / stacking ports from 1 Gig to 10 Gig.
- SDN and OpenFlow support.
- Unified wired / wireless network management with Brocade Network Advisor.
The ICX 7150 joins its cousins, the ICX 7250, ICX 7450 and ICX 7750, in Brocade’s line of campus switches. The ICX 7150 will be generally available to customers on February 20th, 2017.